Marah is but five years old. She is often shy and has beautiful blue eyes. She has a sister who is 2 years older. They and their mom are from a country between the Black and Caspian seas. Their mom often looks exhausted. I can understand why. Their country has seen more than its share of heartbreak, conflict and corruption. I can’t begin to imagine what this mom and her daughters experienced both in their country and in their long journey to Europe. I wonder what happened to Marah’s dad. The mother’s face often has a worn, blank and hollow expression.
Marah, her sister and Mom came to a recent Clothing Room program. In the background some music was playing. As I stood in the main room Marah came to me and put her arms out to me. I knelt down to her and told her how happy I was to see her. I whispered to her that God loves her and that I did as well. As I stood back up, Marah broke out into dance. She started doing her country’s traditional dance to the music that was playing. She moved smoothly and gracefully across the floor. Other women in the room started clapping in time to the music and encouraged her on. To me her dance was a beautiful gift.
I hope I respond gracefully and beautifully to the wondrous news of God’s love for me. I yearn for others to know it as well. That’s why I am here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment