Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cricket, Asylum, and the Gospel

"Traiskirchen changed my life."

My friend told the reporter who is planning to co-write a book about Peoples experiences about living in the Austrian town of Traiskirchen. I first met Mohammed when he came to the Oasis on a coffee bar night. I think our friendship was sealed when I found out that he had the same name as a current Pakistan cricketer.

Mohammed grew up in a Islamic land and for the first 25 years of his life, he believed what his country man and what the mullah in the mosque told him about the Christians of the West.
But when Mohammed left his country and went to work with some men from the West, he realised that they were nothing like the people that the mullah was telling his about his fellow country men about. Mohammed was working with secular people. After his job had finished he returned to his home country, and started talking to his family about his experience with Western people and how it didn't really line up with what the mullah would have his family believe.

Soon Mohammed had to leave his home country for his own safety, apparently the Mullah didn't like having his teachings challenged. Mohammed came to Austria and applied for Asylum and then he came to the Oasis.
"Traiskirchen changed my life" because it was at "Traiskirchen I met Christians at the Oasis". "It was at Traiskirchen I met a volunteer who was working at the Oasis who invited me to his Church in Vienna". "I became a Christian because of Traiskirchen".

When I first met Mohammed and found out his name, I never thought that I would be meeting up with him in a Baptist Church 2 years later talking to a Christian brother. Mohammed is just one example of a Muslim follower coming to Christ. Many former muslims are coming to Christ.
God has not forgotten the people of the Islamic world. Nor are Muslims hearts to hard for the love of Jesus to reach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment