Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dear Blog Readers:.

Thanks for connecting with us at this busy time. God bless and encourage your hearts with the following.

When refugees come to us at the Oasis we have a short time, a small window of time to share the Love of Jesus in Word and Deed. Sometimes we have but one coffee bar night. They see the Jesus Video and talk with us. If they ask we give them a Bible. Sometimes they are gone within a week. I thank the Lord for the team of believers everywhere that continue to pray for the Oasis Ministry. You are invited as you read this to take some time and do just that.

We realize it is fully and completely a work of Grace of God, and we are invited to be part of it. I do not remember this man, he is one of hundreds over the last years that our team has shared with. But I would only give my e-mail if I felt he was a true seeker. I rejoiced today this 2nd Sunday in Advent to receive this brief note on e-mail. Perhaps we can in contact with him lead him in other steps of his journey and we hope this gives you an idea of how to pray for us and them.

Below is the email I received from an Afghan Refugee… PRAY for him to grow in faith and understanding of what he reads in the Word>>.

Hello Julie, how are you?

This is J++++…... you know me, when I came to Traskirkhen camp i used to come to your meeting about Jesus every day. You talked to me about Jesus and I started to know about Jesus. I was really intrested about it but I was not in Traskirkhen for long they send me to another housing for refugees in the mountains.. You gave me a book all the book is about Jesus wen i came to this place---- I started to read the book that u gave me and I found and joined a church, i go to church everyday and I really enjoy. Now I now about Jesus more than before. Please could u tell me what I should or I have to do now please or is there anything else that I have to do.

Thank you very much

J++++


0 comments:

Post a Comment