Short Term Missionary Views: Michael Truong
As a member of the Oasis team for a little over a week now, I can sum up my first week with the word: "Overwhelming." I did not come to Austria with any expectations for God and how He is going to use me, but any expectations I did have, the Lord has definitely blew those away. Last Monday, we had our clothing for the woman and walked into a room full of women from a variety of cultures and backgrounds. I thought "What did I get myself into?" At first I felt a little discouraged because I thought what I was doing was close to useless. However, the Lord reminded me:
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:34-35)
It has been a blessing to see the experienced team at work: Tom, JoAnn, Carol, Julie and David. Even though the work here seems overwhelming and different than what I am used to, I am encouraged to know that my experience and wisdom gained in Austria will further my relationship with Christ and shared back home in America.
Please continue to pray that the team remain vessels for Jesus Christ!
Truong
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment