I met an Iranian man recently at one of the Iranian fellowships in Vienna. There are 6 of these groups, and many in the groups came through the Oasis, where they got a Bible and often first heard the truth about Jesus. The man told me that he had been at the Oasis 22 years ago. I told him I was, too, but I didn't remember him. He couldn't recall meeting me then either, which made me feel better because it happens quite regularly that someone recognizes me, but I can't place them. He then explained that he'd come into the Oasis one night back in 1991 thinking that it was a bar and that he could buy a beer. Instead, however, he got a free cup of tea and watched a video about Jesus. The rest is history as he eventually became a believer and has been active in a church here for many years. This Iranian man is just one of many who became believers after they left us at the Oasis. From time to time, we meet someone, but we know it's only the tip of the iceberg. It will be a super reunion one day to meet them all in heaven!
Carol Halm
Carol Halm
0 comments:
Post a Comment