The title would suggest a problem with questions, but actually, if I wrote it correctly, the point is: QUESTIONS are welcome at the Oasis!
We try to encourage the refugees that at the Oasis, they are free to ask questions about what we do, why we do it or what we believe or why we believe it. Our goal is to give refugees an open chance to ask questions that can allow us to share our faith with them.
Here are two recent questions asked by refugees who are very interested in the gospel of Jesus:
1] Does the baptistry water have to be cold?
**EXPLANATION: He was baptized in another country on his way to Austria and apparently the water was indeed very cold. I assurred him it was not a requirement that the water be cold and I also shared with him stories of others who I know who have been baptized in rivers, which were not so warm.
2] What does it mean when Colossians 3 says "3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." What does it mean to have YOUR LIFE HIDDEN WITH CHRIST?
** ANSWER: Immediate answer: "I don't know." I think we more often look at the part before this, about "setting your hearts on the things above" or sometimes we look past, at the next part "...Put to death therefore..." But the answer to "What does it mean to have YOUR LIFE HIDDEN WITH CHRIST?" I will need to do some more study.
Dan Lincoln
Monday, April 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment