Just how do the refugees manage here with our being able to ask
the simplest question as : "Where is
the train? How much does that
cost?"
So often they ask us at Oasis for
a dictionary of German and Farsi, or German and Arabic or Urdu which is the
language of those coming from Pakistan.
Thursday night coffee bar has also turned into an “on the
spot “ German Class. It is simple, basic
and fun. Our Austrian helpers come
to serve with us and they enjoy helping refugees through German conversation or taking
a paper and writing some words .
One of our volunteers has begun to reverse this; She is learning Farsi as she
teaches German.
Last week I was again asked: “please can you give me a
dictionary in Urdu and German.” Well I
said:” I cannot do that, but I have an idea of a way you can learn some words
and also learn about God”. Ali from
Pakistan was most thankful to take the German Gospel of Luke, and the URDU
Gospel of Luke along with a note book, read pencil and a pen and begin to work. With the package of tools in hand I
said: “Oh, one more thing, being these
books are both the WORD of GOD, I suggest you pray first, ask God to help you
understand the Words, and the meaning of them.” He left the Oasis not with a expensive dictionary
to learn German but a much better GIFT - all the tools to begin to read the
Word of God in His language and in German.
Julie Soltis
0 comments:
Post a Comment