Wednesday night at the Oasis.
The bible talk, translated into Arabic and Farsi,
is finished. The room filled with a majority of men mostly under 25 years
old. Over coffee I start talking to a man sitting beside me. He begins...
My name is M and I come from Algeria.
I studied and worked in law but it is no longer
safe for me to stay in my country. There is much corruption….
Christians and Muslims they are the same they have
the same belief about Adam and… how do you say…Eva. We have the same story. The
Koran talks about Jesus that he was a prophet…. but he was not God….but I don’t
understand you believe there are 3 Gods.
……my English is not very good so I cannot answer
you well.
Here, look up this man on the internet and he
explains it well…
I must go now …can you please explain it to me
quickly...what it is you are talking about?”
There are many things that you cannot assume when
talking with a muslim. There is much misunderstanding and fallacies to work
through. Even so I profess to know too little of the Islamic faith. It is good
to have a common area to start with like the story of creation and Adam and Eve.
It is a good starting point. It is our starting point.
So how do you explain the gospel, Gods great news for mankind, His plan of salvation, in a few minutes? Here is a system of basic drawings which I used to help me answer. It’s a start.
So how do you explain the gospel, Gods great news for mankind, His plan of salvation, in a few minutes? Here is a system of basic drawings which I used to help me answer. It’s a start.
This system is called
“2 ways to live”.
See here for video explanation - ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vBxxCor8AM
, http://www.matthiasmedia.com.au/2wtl/ )
Image sourced from –( http://www.engage.net.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:two-ways-to-live-self-guided-tutorial&catid=18&Itemid=129 )
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God to salvation to every one that believes.. Romans1:16
Image sourced from –( http://www.engage.net.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:two-ways-to-live-self-guided-tutorial&catid=18&Itemid=129 )
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God to salvation to every one that believes.. Romans1:16

0 comments:
Post a Comment