Wednesday, February 12, 2014

God is at Work - Even in Syria!

A few weeks ago I noticed a man sat on his own at the Thursday evening coffee night, so I went to talk to him and found he was from Syria but spoke reasonable English. I gave him a printed copy of what the centre is about and he carefully read it until he suddenly started and almost shouted “Bible, you have Bibles?”. I explained we did because we are Christians and he was overjoyed, explaining he was also a Christian and had been praying he would find others.

I asked him how he became a Christian (assuming he would say he was brought up as one) “By studying the Bible” was his answer. Why did he start studying the Bible?  Because he wanted to compare the christian faith to the Islamic faith he had grown up with. But what made you ask that question? “Listening to a radio program which talked about the Bible”. And are there any other Christians in your village? “Oh, there are now, 50-60. We baptised 20 a few months ago”

0 comments:

Post a Comment