Monday, April 27, 2015

They understand the language of love



I walked out among the men on clothing day, Monday.  Each man gets a number and then they must wait their turn to get clothes, sometimes for 4-5 hours.  We gave out 110 numbers and then we had to say,  Sorry, we have no more numbers.¨  This is because we do not have enough men's clothing.  These are mainly young men, 15-20 years old.  Many are escaping from being forced to fight back home.
As my eyes meet the eyes of one of the guys, I smile, and usually shake hands.  They love to shake hands, when they come and when they leave.  Some I recognize from last week.  They smile and I smile back.  We connect in this small way.  They know they have friends here.  I don't speak their language.  But they understand the language of love.  For many of them this is their first experience meeting a Christian.

A Volunteer

0 comments:

Post a Comment