Thursday, January 28, 2016

A brief greeting from a new staff member

Greetings!  

As I new member of The Oasis team, I would just like to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Ken Meyer, and I have been serving as a volunteer with the Wednesday Night program for the past ten years, ever since I arrived in Vienna as a missionary with Calvary Chapel. Last year, I really felt led to transition from my role as the assistant pastor of a church in Vienna to serve here at The Oasis full-time (well, nearly full-time: I am still continuing to help at our church in some ways, and I still lead a home group Bible study in Vienna on Monday nights). My wife, Michaela, is Austrian, and we have two young children: Evelyn is almost three, and Oliver is one.  We live in Vienna, and our kids keep things lively and active at home -- usually too lively! ;) I myself am from New Jersey and grew up in the suburbs of New York City.  

I started here full-time with the start of the year, and I have been thoroughly blessed to be part of the team. For me, it is a BIG difference to get to see the refugees more consistently, and it is really exciting to be more involved with all that the Lord is doing here. It was also fantastic to get to visit a couple of different local churches for special baptism services this month; six refugees got baptized at the one church, and four at the other! It was wonderful to hear their testimonies and see their joy in the Lord.  

All for now, Ken

  


  

0 comments:

Post a Comment