Tuesday, March 22, 2016

      Men’s clothing day was today.  We had about 75 men.  We are so thankful for funds given that helped us buy lots of jeans, sweatshirts, socks, and underwear for men.  Many of them have only what they are wearing when they come.  I had many conversations with men while they were waiting.  I gave a gospel of Luke to one man.  Three Kurdish guys, and also an Iraqi man,  got some Christian literature in their language.
      I spoke with Palestinians, Somalis, Syrians, Afghans, Chechens, and Iranians, and invited them to our other programs during the week.  These guys were very appreciative.  I am sure that for some of them it was the first time they had ever had a conversation with a Christian.  Everybody got chai or coffee and a little snack, also.  It was a day to give practical help and personal encouragement.
      
     a Volunteer

0 comments:

Post a Comment