Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Last Thursday night, just as I (Ken) was about to leave, the Farsi speaking guys came out of a time of teaching that was spontaneously arranged instead of a film, and one of the guys came over and told me about how great he felt, and it turned out that he was about to take the train back to Vienna, just like me.  It was GREAT to get to meet him. I will refer to him as Hassan here. He is a young man from Iran, who is in the throes of trying to decide if he is a Muslim or a Christian (he himself says that he is currently neither). But he sure does sound like he is open... "I stayed in Turkey for two years, and I prayed and prayed in the mosque for help, for answers, but nothing.  When I visit the church in Vienna, and whenever I visit The Oasis, I feel so happy, I feel so complete.  At my school, I do not say that I am a Muslim, I just say I am without religion, even though some of my Muslim classmates get mad at me about that (he is 20).  If I say I am a Muslim, then I would have to go to the mosque and pray.  But I have "knocked on the door" in prayer so many times at the mosque, when I lived in Turkey, but nothing. No answer, no reply."   When he first arrived in Austria, over a year ago, he was placed in a room with a solid Iranian believer. Then, he soon met our faithful Farsi translator at The Oasis... and now, Hassan lives in an apartment with two or three Iranian Christians in Vienna.  It is clear to me that the Lord has His hand on this young man´s life, and that He is drawing him. Please say a pray for him. He said he will travel out to The Oasis whenever he can, which is over an hour away for him, and he did also say that he goes to a church in Vienna (it is a good church for Farsi speakers). And yet, as good as things look, spiritual warfare is for real and I am sure that there will be opposition for him... so please pray for this young man to take that next step, to invite Jesus into his life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment