Tuesday, October 11, 2016

For me (Ken) last Thursday night, was especially exciting.  I got to follow-up with Wazi (not his real name), from Pakistan, and say goodbye to him.  Please say a prayer for him -- he is now back to Pakistan -- he posted some FB photos already from the airplane yesterday. He was here in Europe for fifteen years (he is 32 now). He was not the "normal refugee" as he had been in Greece for many years working, learned Greek, and for reasons unknown to me, left all that and came to Austria. In any event, his family has arranged a marriage for him, and that will happen in a month or two (still fairly common in Pakistan). Me, Jeremy, and Jono got to discuss the truth with him on various evenings, and he said that he had been reading the book of John with his friend; he sure did have many visits with us at The Oasis in the past few months, and he heard the Gospel clearly. He was happy to have me pray for him as we said goodbye on Thursday night.  Just as he was leaving, he wanted to say goodbye to one more of our staff, Jeremy, who was watching the Jesus Film with two Kurdish guys, and that brought Wazi and I past the "Bible closet" room we have, and I had this arrow of a thought to offer him a New Testament in Urdu, which he was happy to accept. I am SO grateful that he wanted to say bye to Jeremy! :)  Pray that he reads it, and that he has no issues with any relatives in Pakistan who might see him reading it.  I also hope to message him on Facebook about some Christian radio stations in Pakistan, because I know they are out there.  It was great to have some closure with Wazi, and I pray that both him and his soon-to-be wife end up coming to the Lord together there in Pakistan.      

0 comments:

Post a Comment