Monday, March 27, 2017

Lasting Fruit

      This month,  at a local church, three young men were baptized, one Iranian and two from Afghanistan.  It was very moving to watch this.  All three shared their story of how they came to Jesus.  One of them, I will call Ahmed, said that earlier in his life he had felt only blackness.  He said,  ¨I wanted to get closer to God but He got further away.  I felt there was no God there.  I always thought God was angry about me, always searching for my mistakes to punish me.  There was no light in my life.¨

He said he realized that Islam was such a lie.  When he came here he said he learned that God was searching for him.  He said, in Austria, ¨Jesus found me.  I realized God was not angry about me, but He sent His Son for me.  Thank you Lord for so much you have given me and new life and peace reigns over my heart.  No darkness, no disappointments.  I am here to be a witness to say, ´Jesus is my God, my Lord, and I worship Him with all my heart.´  I ask God to open the sky of Iran, and all the other countries where darkness is there.¨

     These three, and 20-30 others, are just completing a Chronological study through the whole Bible.  The Oasis has had a part in bringing many of these to Jesus and helping their spiritual growth.  We are fortunate to have connections with some refugees for months or years.  Many others we just plant a seed for a day, a week, or a few weeks and then they get transferred.

     Thank you so much for your prayers.

     Bob - a volunteer

0 comments:

Post a Comment