Thursday, April 6, 2017

The Lord is my sheperd …. He leads me beside quiet waters



A few weeks ago I was teaching the Wednesday German course at the Oasis when at the end of the session a young Iranian man came in. He obviously knew no German at all, so I offered to help him with the German alphabet. As the other refugees left, the young man started to open up. He had arrived 4 days earlier at the refugee camp and was desperate because he was experiencing persecution for his Christian faith there. Money had been stolen from him and he was scared worse things were about  to happen to him. He struggled to sleep and even eat at the refugee camp. As this brother in Christ shared about his Muslim background  and how he had found Jesus and lost his parent’s support as a consequence, my heart sank. He had already gone through so much difficulty in his home country. Now he had to face persecution all over again even though he had fled to a country with religious freedom. But Jesus told us to cast our burdens on Him, and so I did. I prayed that Jesus would provide a safe place for him soon, and I later asked a group of friends to pray as well. The very next day I learned that the Iranian man had been transferred to another city in Austria, the same city he had mentioned in our conversation because he had an Iranian friend who had been transferred by the government to live there several weeks prior.I hope that he found quiet waters there to rest and I am very grateful for the quick transfer!                                     (Michi)

0 comments:

Post a Comment