Wednesday, June 14, 2017
even during Ramadan...
I was so encouraged last Thursday evening to see a few young men from Pakistan visit with us during the Cafe Night at the Oasis, even though it is currently the month of Ramadan. They had no tea or coffee, so it did seem like they were observing the practice of fasting during the sunlight hours. They were very interested to see my photos of a ten-day trip to Pakistan that I took in 2000, to help give away wheelchairs, and it turned out that it was to their very city! They recognized a few of the locations, saying, "I understand this picture! I understand this picture!" It was very special. Then, they were open to watch the Jesus Film with me, and so we sat down in one of the film rooms and watched it together. Afterward they had no qualms about me praying for them, so it was nice to have a chance to do so. And they also did not hesitate to accept Mark and Luke in their language, Urdu! Please say a prayer for these three men, that they might really read them, and seek Jesus further! p.s. one of the men had been to a JW Kingdom Hall, three times, in Serbia, and while he seemed very indifferent about it, it was good to get to tell him a little about that sect. I also took it as a sign that he is seeking out the Truth, which I hope is really the case. --Ken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment