Hi friends,
I (Steph) wanted to share with you about the wonderful, spirit-filled women's program that we had on last week. During our time of prayer before opening the doors, I asked God to pique women's curiosity as to who we are and why we are doing what we are doing. The very first conversation I had was with P from Iran. She has only been in Austria for 2 weeks. The first thing she said to me was, "I was wondering if someone could explain to me who you are and what you are doing here." That was a fast answer to prayer! I explained that we are followers of Jesus and do everything to show his love. Please pray that she comes again.
I (Steph) wanted to share with you about the wonderful, spirit-filled women's program that we had on last week. During our time of prayer before opening the doors, I asked God to pique women's curiosity as to who we are and why we are doing what we are doing. The very first conversation I had was with P from Iran. She has only been in Austria for 2 weeks. The first thing she said to me was, "I was wondering if someone could explain to me who you are and what you are doing here." That was a fast answer to prayer! I explained that we are followers of Jesus and do everything to show his love. Please pray that she comes again.
Our craft for the day was making rainbows. I was able to share with S from Tajikistan about the story of Noah (who is also considered a prophet in Islam) and then also use that story to share the Gospel with her. Please pray for understanding of what she heard, as she and her family were recently transferred.
F from the Congo had arrived in Austria the day before with her 3 children, ages 10, 12, and 14. Her husband died when they were young. She was clearly exhibiting signs of PTSD, so I was able to do a simple art therapy exercise with her to help her focus on the hope she has in Jesus. She is a believer but only had a Bible on her phone. I was able to give her a Bible and a Christian booklet in French that is written specifically for refugees and migrants. An Armenian woman put on music, and F, her daughter, and I danced. F came to the Oasis literally in tears and left smiling, full of joy in Jesus.
Pray that we can continue to be a place of hope and healing for those on the refugee highway.
0 comments:
Post a Comment