On a recent Wednesday night program, after the Bible lesson, I (Ken) had a chance to talk to a young man from Nigeria, and then later on a young man from Belarus. They responded very differently, and yet both of them need prayer. The young man from Nigeria shared very somberly about the sudden, violent attack upon his village that left his parents and brother dead. It took place two years ago, but it was clear that this traumatic experience was still weighing heavily on his heart. From his immediate family, only he escaped; there was so much sorrow in his eyes as he shared this with me. But when I asked him about a Bible, if he had one with him, he simply said no, so I went to our Bible closet and gave him a new Bible as a gift. And just like that, his expression turned to joy. He was SO thankful to receive it, and he had a HUGE smile on his face. He truly cherished it. But, I think that he must have gotten the "transfer letter" from Austria recently afterwards, and was therefore relocated to a different housing center in Austria, for I have not seen him since that week. Please, if you can, pause to pray for this young man, a believer who is weighed down by traumatic memories, that he would find healing in Jesus through His Word and Spirit.
That same evening, I got to talk with a young man from Belarus, who sadly had no interest in even talking about the Bible... as I tried to talk to him of God's Truth, he said, "the only truth I know is that the rich push down the poor," and then he carried on talking about his frustrating experiences of being oppressed here in Austria as a poor refugee. Thankfully I rarely meet people who share his sentiments, but he needed to "vent his frustration" and so I just listened... he is still around, and still visits us at The Oasis, and interestingly enough he recently told me that his parents took him to church so many times growing up that he feels that it is in his heart. Pray that Jesus might open his eyes, that he would see that he needs new life in Christ, and not just better living conditions here in Austria. Thank you for praying for these two guys, and for us as a ministry team! -Ken
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment