Tuesday, January 8, 2019
A happy birthday moment for a 4-year old
There are some moments at The Oasis that are so very touching, like on a recent evening when I (Ken) asked one Iranian father how old his daughter is... in his super simple German, he said, "today, birthday, 4!" As the Question-and-Answer time was already underway, I asked a fellow team member, Stephanie, if we had anything we could do for her birthday, and sure enough she was able to find two nice little stuffed animals for her, some bubble mixture, and I just happened to have a chocolate bar I could add into the gift bag. Our Farsi translator then led the whole 20+ person group in singing Happy Birthday to her in Farsi, and she was so taken aback by all the attention that at first she cried a little, but very soon she was smiling so big and was so happy with the gifts. Her Mom & Dad, followers of Jesus, were of course also very happy about it (and they have another little one on the way!). We praise the Lord for such moments, when He brings loving surprises and joy into the lives of refugees here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
it is often those little things...that speak of love.
Happy Birthday Oliver ! Cha Cha Cha !
Ah, so precious! Isn't it always in these seemingly simple acts of kindness that the love of Jesus is most effectively displayed? ��
Children are the best!
Post a Comment