Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The boys from Bangladesh

After our Easter Monday program I turned to our two men from Bangladesh and asked them what they thought of the program?

Our Easter Monday program was attended by some ladies from Chechnya who bought along their young room mate from Mongolia, a African man from Sudan that we were able to bribe a man from Iraq to stay and translate for and of course the large number of Afghan men that seem to flood our programs whenever we open the doors of the Oasis.
But the two Bangladeshi men are always polite, always quiet, but I always have time for them.

And today I was asking them about the program, our Christian celebration of the resurrection of Jesus on the third day. The younger of the two and the one more likely to speak if the two of them are pressed to talk... mentioned that in Bangladesh that their are Hindu and Christians people who are aloud to follow their religion (sic). But it was not wise to change your religion. I told him that Jesus does not want us to change our religion, but for us to change our hearts and to follow him. This young Bangladeshi man again went quiet and was thinking about what I had said... I could tell that the words and actions that he had seen from us as the Oasis team was starting to take seed in his heart.

1 comments:

old crazy tom said...

I like how you challenged these men to think about the heart David.

Post a Comment