Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wolf at the door

Yesterday I was shown a website by a friend of mine.
Written in Albanian the web page has an article outlining how, any Muslim who kills my friend, will be doing the will of the Koran. My friends crime was converting from Islam to Christianity and writing an online article about his conversion.
Meeting with this friend you would hardly know the stress he was under, it has been three years and he is still waiting for a final answer on his case for Asylum. Not even this website article has been enough to convince that he and his family need protection in Austria.

It has be good to visit some refugees that I had bid farewell too 3 months ago, not knowing if they would still be in Austria when I came back. During my time in Australia, I was able to share their lives and difficulties they face, with the churches and small groups I visited and I asked them to pray for these individuals, I believe God had heard these prayers and I found the families happier and less stressed as they were when I left them.

Please keep the Oasis team in your prayers, and above all keep the refugees whose lives we touch - that they may come and see the hope that is to be found in Jesus.

David

0 comments:

Post a Comment