They helped remove some of the old cabinets and helped us get a big jump start installing the new cabinets. We are very thankful for their faithful service and flexibility. They not only said Yes, I will, they also pushed to complete as much of this big project as they could before their time to leave.
Also this last week, I had been praying for wisdom in ministering to refugees. God blessed me with an opportunity where it was easy to see who to reach out to. I will call him Ajak (not his real name)--he said he had some questions and we arranged a time to meet. I was late for the appointment and Ajak was already talking with one of the members from the Visiting Team I mentioned above. I was confident that Ajak was in good hands and perhaps all his questions would be answered. I hung around in case there was any more help needed.
Ajak was able to share his story with this compassionate one from the Visiting short term Team but he also told me he was interested in discussing more about Christianity on a different day. Ajak was not just curious, he really really wants to know who Jesus is and he wants to follow Him. He wanted someone to help him learn. To his request, I gladly answered: Yes, I will.
Ajak knows English pretty well, but in order to help with our discussions, I asked another refugee, who is a committed Christian and who knows this other man’s language, to come and help in the discussion. To this request, this second refugee answered: Yes, I will.
Dan Lincoln
0 comments:
Post a Comment