Saturday, October 22, 2011

Connecting People to God's Word

It has been confirmed to me over and over again that sometimes the Lord uses my voice to proclaim His truths of Salvation in Jesus and sometimes He uses my actions so that OTHERS can proclaim His truths to refugees.

In the past several weeks we have taken several guys to church with us. The guys are from muslim backgrounds and their living situation in the Austrian Refugee Camp means they are taking a risk, just going with us to church. Some of their fellow countrymen will persecute them if they knew these guys were visiting a church where Jesus is preached. Several of these guys do not speak English or German, which means I have had little or no direct conversations with them. But at our church, there is often several who can speak their native language and some who can also translate the German service into Farsi for them.

By faith, I know that although I am only “taking them to church”, I am getting to be a LINK as these men hear the gospel through someone else.

And, at the Oasis, where I get to present a Gospel message for the Wednesday night Evangelistic service every 8 weeks, I am often speaking in English with 2 guys translating the message into Arabic and Farsi and sometimes into Armenian. The conversations after my talk are carried on in those languages which I am not able to be a part of. But by faith, I know that I am a LINK, connecting people to God's Word.

0 comments:

Post a Comment