
The story is about 3 young Afghan men. I will call them.. A , B, and C. They are among the 140 under age Afghan refugees now in the camp and visiting the Oasis .
In the last month young "A", has been asking lots of questions of an a older Afghan believer who helps us. Last Thursday at the Coffee House, the Oasis saw over 100 men come and go--drinking coffee and tea, playing games, and we had 4 video rooms with different groups viewing the Jesus film. At the end of 2 ½ hours we had served nearly 300 cups of tea and coffee.
Len, a pastor from the US who speaks Farsi moved between 2 video rooms filled with Afghans and at the end of the video he had a opportunity to answer questions. As he was leaving the basement video room to check on the upstairs room, “A” followed him and said: “ I want to talk to you, I want to become a Christian”. With no quite place to chat, I directed them to our clothing room. There they spent the next hour. “A” was ready, he prayed to receive Jesus as Lord, however out of fear of the others A asked please don’t’ tell anyone.
Arrangements were made for Dan, my team mate, to pick up "A" Sunday morning and take him to our Austrian Church service. However in picking A up in front of the Oasiss on Sunday morning : B and C , two other young under 18 afghan refugees where with A. At our church we have a system where we can translate via head sets, and Len, our guest was able to translate for them. During the service, It seemed clear to me that I should invite the 3 for Sunday dinner as Len was also with me and so I did. Over large plates of rice and chicken they all chatted in Farsi. ( B commented that it was a LONG time since he sat at a table for a dinner among family.) Young A knew and understood that all explained was of the Word of God--he took it into his heart and admitted to the others that he believed Jesus was God. As I offered books that would help, only A took the book of testimonies of Muslims that became believers. After dinner I took them to my vineyards behind my home and showed them their home (as seen in the picture above)… a large refugee came that was a 10 min walk from the vineyards.
As we parted, and I wished I could have been a butterfly along with them just to hear their chatting. I know A will not be able to hold the joy in-side for it was visible all through the morning. Pray for A… that he will be lead by the Holy Spirit in these early days of learning about Jesus. PRAY for B. and C. that they will continue to come to Oasis, ask questions, and perhaps next Sunday all three will join us in our Austrian Fellowship again.
Julie Soltis
0 comments:
Post a Comment