Friday, December 2, 2011

Is he lost or is it just Gods protection?

Can you imagine what it would be like to become a Christian in a Muslim country: ALL in secrecy you receive teaching and become baptized, in secrecy you experience the joy of salvation, you are in a secret house group. A year later you find out you are hunted as if you are a fugitive. Someone in the group was not really a believer. This someone reports the whole group but by God’s grace--- you get out and find your way to Austria. There you meet others who believe in Jesus, and at the Oasis you find a place of rest and friends you can share with and teaching so you can grow. But what next? You are excited for your future and desire to be part of a fellowship. You are transferred far away to another part of Austria, to a small mountain refugee house where other refugees are living, but they are all Muslims (often not a safe situation) and none from your country. No Christian friends near and no church; no Oasis.

You have an asylum interview, and share your story: the answer is negative, so you wait for an appeal, you wait, and wait and two and one half years later you wait and wonder: Did God forget me? This is a refugee I keep in touch with by phone and once in a while pay his train ticket so he can come be with us for a weekend. Through Post I send CD teachings in his language and Christian music and books. Another brother gave a computer and so he receives a blessing to listen to teaching and learn German on computer as you wait.

My friend is not discouraged or in despair, but he is so lonely and wonders WHY God, have you forgotten me? I call often, but in the last months even I -- in my busyness forgot to call, and the one other Christian brother also did not call. Just yesterday he called me and shared how hard it is to be so alone. I asked: “please forgive me and I will as of this day pray much, and ask others, and inquire about your case.” I encouraged him : “ Dear Friend: do not give up trusting in His Word and promises, God is faithful and will bring you out of this solitude. Immerse yourself deeper in the knowledge of your Lord and King”.

Dear Readers: please pray for him. , For clear reasons, I cannot give you his name or country, but God knows who he is and the Holy Spirit will guide you in how to pray for him. Thank you for caring for the Alien, and those who are persecuted brothers and sisters in this fallen broken planet. So you see serving the “alien” has many different facets. Your prayers and support is so important to us.

Julie S

0 comments:

Post a Comment