Last
summer in upper Austria
at a MBB (Muslim Background Believers) Bible conference I met a very sad woman
from an Islamic country. When I asked her how she came to be here she told me
that her family was separated on the way from her home country, and her husband
and son ended up in Holland .
As we talked through a translator I shared God's promises and encouraged her to
trust it the LORD. What is impossible to man, is possible to and in God. I gave her a pocket cross, we prayed and then
we parted.
Recently
I attended the Refugee Forum in Linz
where many like-minded people gathered to discuss our ministries and encourage
each other. An Austrian women from the town of Alltersee
asked me if I lived near a church in the town of Modling (I do). Then she told me about a
family (seekers) who had been moved into the Modling area. I promised to call
and connect them to my church.
I
called this family and invited them to my Austrian church and to have lunch
with me after the church service. Their gladly accepted my invitation. About 10
minutes later the son who spoke English, called back and asked: “Julie, my mom
met a woman last year at a Bible Conference and was wondering if it was you?” I
talk to many refugees, but when I asked if she received a small wooden cross,
the answer was a joyful "YES!"
This
past Sunday we worshiped together at my church and gathered later at my table
to share a meal. What joy we shared as we remembered the circumstances of this
families' separation and their reunion. How wonderful that they would be then
transferred to my area!! This connection could only come by an awesome
providential Father who cares that we see He is truly involved in the lives
of those He has called to be His own. The family have asylum in Austria . They
are beginning to study German and will attend my church where they will connect
with Austrian believers .
At
times we wonder what happens to the prayers and pleas we lift up. In faith we
trust all things into His hands and at times HE sees it fit to show us His
great love and mercy by reviling how personal a Father He is.
KEEP
praying for refugees ON THE WAY….. in their search for freedom they
often come under many trials, including separation from one another or death of
a family member.
PRAY
for the MBB Fellowships here in Austria ..
that they grow strong in faith and courage as they start new lives in a new
culture where it is not always safe even here for one who has left Islam. (for
this reason I cannot give name or even
the country of their origin)
PRAY
for the leaders in the fellowships of MBB's . They plant churches from their
own people and are visiable targets of satan as they do not hide their new
faith unter a basket..
Julie Soltis

0 comments:
Post a Comment