Hi friends! Thanks for your ongoing prayers for our ministry. The
month of Ramadan has been more difficult, as we have had fewer refugees
coming and a sense that Muslims are more closed off to the gospel as
they seek to please Allah through their own efforts.
Last week on
the Night of Power, the most important night of Ramadan, my husband and I
walked to the vineyards pictured above to pray for Muslims in the camp
and worldwide. We stopped to pray by a little hut on a hill, literally
a "resting place" in German. As we prayed, we watched the valley below
be covered in darkness as a storm rolled in. But we were up on the hill,
in the resting place, surrounded in light. Sometimes it feels like that
here, that we are a city on a hill surrounded in darkness. Please pray
that we can keep reflecting the light of Jesus into the storm. We see
His light entering that darkness.
Wednesday night during the Farsi discussion group, I was praying for
two men who had come for the first time. They looked angry and closed,
but as I prayed, I saw the Lord softening their hearts. Eventually, one
of them said, "I have heard the stories of the Bible, but I want to know
who this Jesus is." Our Farsi translator read to them from Colossians 1
and Philippians 2. They came back the next night and watched a film
about Jesus. Please pray that they accept Him for who He really is.
~Stephanie Seep
Friday, July 8, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment