Tuesday, July 5, 2016
my Pakistani friend
Months ago, I was happy to get to meet several refugees from Pakistan here at The Oasis. One-by-one, they were transferred elsewhere, but I am still in touch with two of them. One of them has gone to a church several times in the town where he lives! The other was transferred to Vienna, and lives just thirty minutes away from me (I also live in Vienna). He met up with me for a coffee about a month ago, and shared that he is interested in Christianity, and that he likes Christianity (his English is decent, but broken). I got to give him the book of Mark in Urdu, along with the "help from above" tract booklet in Urdu. And this Sunday, he came to church with me! It was great. We only offer English and German, but he can understand enough English to catch the main points for sure. I really liked his feedback after the service, he was so happy, and told me, "I am super feel! I come every week, every time! Next week I bring my friend with me!" (our mutual friend, the other guy I mentioned, who lives in a town about one hour away). It was wonderful to hear. Please pray for my two friends from Pakistan, that they would in fact both come next week, and come to know the Lord soon. Thanks! -Ken Meyer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment