EVERY MONDAY = Clothing Room at the Oasis
EVERY MONDAY = Set up the rooms…up the stairs, down the stairs…
EVERY MONDAY = Focus on Kids, or Women, or Men or Sorting Donations
Just recently, on Men’s Clothing Day we had only a small number of
men. That meant we had more time we
could give to individual refugees, instead of “Hurry, Hurry, Hurrry,
next, next”. Sometimes there are so many
people to help, we push to try to help as many as possible, and still there are many we cannot help.
Recently, on Men’s Day we did not have to push so much for who was “next”.
EVERY MONDAY= clean up the rooms…up the stairs, down the stairs…
Almost EVERY MONDAY = in the end the whole Team is completely exhausted.
Recently, at
the Men’s Day, it was a super day. We
gave a lot of clothes and had many good conversations. An overall great day! I was ready to head out the door, when the
doorbell rang. There was a father,
mother, and teenage boy who all wanted clothes.
Almost EVERY MONDAY = I am quite ready to be able to say “no” or “tomorrow”, when
there is one more request.
This time, I
was not completely exhausted and this family said they were being transferred
the next day, to another city. I said “yes” and all three
found some clothes for themselves.
Also as they were looking through clothes, I got a chance to talk about
the bible to the teenage son. He was not
yet a believer, but was very interested in learning more. I gave him a bible and described a few basic
things about the bible to help him as he read.
I was very
thankful on this day to still have enough energy to help, just one more family: To share God's Love and God's Word.
EVERY MONDAY AT THE OASIS = they are not all the same. J
Dan
0 comments:
Post a Comment