We often focus on how we can serve the refugees and show them the love of God. We focus on being a blessing to them. This past Monday was kids' clothing room. I woke up sad that morning, grieving for my dad who died last April. I wondered how I would have the strength to paste a smile on my face and show love to those that came through our doors. As I entered the main room, little Sherry immediately saw me and ran across the room with arms opened wide, a huge smile on her face, and she hugged me so tight. All through the day as I talked with the moms who came, little Sherry was by my side holding my hand or with her arm around my waist. I think she is a special gift from God to be a blessing to me and to help me get through a difficult day.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Special Gift from God
We often focus on how we can serve the refugees and show them the love of God. We focus on being a blessing to them. This past Monday was kids' clothing room. I woke up sad that morning, grieving for my dad who died last April. I wondered how I would have the strength to paste a smile on my face and show love to those that came through our doors. As I entered the main room, little Sherry immediately saw me and ran across the room with arms opened wide, a huge smile on her face, and she hugged me so tight. All through the day as I talked with the moms who came, little Sherry was by my side holding my hand or with her arm around my waist. I think she is a special gift from God to be a blessing to me and to help me get through a difficult day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment