Friday, October 29, 2010


Australia meets England in Austria

In speaking with International teams and members from Sydney Refugee teams, I was encouraged to visit Oasis in Austria while I was “over this way” visiting family in England. The Oasis team had been so generous and welcoming during my first visit to Europe. I’ve have had my faith challenged and ideas and plans have been cemented and affirmed.

It was wonderful to meet some Chechen ladies on Monday. We built good rapport and invited them to return to Oasis on the Wednesday. To our amazement and excitement five women and their four children joined us for cake, coffee and sweets. It was so encouraging that God had answered our prayers and opened up opportunities to converse about Islam and Christianity. I hoped to have shared more about Jesus but I realized I needed to adopt the position of a learner and listen to the challenging questions and accept the information they desired to share about Islam. It was intense and so good. The women hugged Ginny and I, thanking us and we encouraged them to return if they ever had more questions. I valued the opportunity and I am so excited to start my work with Sydney Refugee teams when I return. I feel it is a privilege that I can share Jesus’ hope with Asylum seekers and refugees in Sydney Australia.

Cilicia, The Australian one.

This was my second trip to serve at the Oasis. I was excited to be back with the team and meeting to serve the refugees that came along. The week has been so full and has left me buzzing. One of my highlights has been meeting with familiar faces of refugees that I had met in the Summer. The Clothing Room was lush fun, with much laughter and joy! Wednesday was an exciting day for me, when we invited some of the Chechen ladies to come for tea and cake. This was an awesome opportunity to love them, share with them and learn more about them. It was a privilege to be invited to two refugee homes for meals during my stay. These memories will last with me forever… and I can’t wait to share these wonderful stories when I get home!

Ginny, The English Rose

1 comments:

David said...

Thank you so much Ginny and Cilicia,
for coming up your holidays to come and help us at the Oasis.

Not only the ladies on Wednesday afternoon were happy that you took the time out to get to know them, but I know George and Arif also enjoyed the day in Vienna with you two.

David

Post a Comment