Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Oasis: The Thoughts and Perspectives about the Ministry from a Short Termer after One and a Half Liters of Traubensaft gespritzt.


The Oasis is a perfect name for the ministry. This truly is what is provided here. Some of the people who come here have experienced so much while on the Refugee Highway; torture, hunger, imprisonment, loneliness, and many unbelievable hardships. After hearing their stories, I have begun to realize how much of an oasis The Oasis really is. It provides people with a break from the constant worry, of life on the Refugee Highway. This simple breath of fresh air is the most powerful demonstration of Christ's love of anything we could possibly give them. From what I have heard, it seems that a genuine frienship is a rarity when traveling on the Highway. So when we hand out a cup of coffee or a piece of cake, we are handing out so much more: we are giving the love of Christ. I can truly say that I have seen God work powerfully in the lives of individuals here, like no other place I have ever been. Although my time at The Oasis is quickly drawing to a close, I will not likely soon forget the things I have heard. My time here has changed me for the better.

Curtis
Short Term June-August

0 comments:

Post a Comment